Thanks to Amanda C. for sending this list- I love it!
Here are my favorites from the '26 Things Minnesotans Do That Seem Odd To Everyone Else'...
1. We use snowballs to play fetch with our dogs. Sometimes they don’t know what to do with them.
4. What’s that you say? The temperature is over 32 degrees? Shorts and t-shirt weather.
10. We buy large, expensive machines called snowmobiles to only drive a couple months out of the year.
12. We walk on water. Well, frozen water that is.
13. We drive trucks on water too, and even put houses on our lakes and drink beer in them. Sometimes people call this beer-drinking-on-lakes, “ice-fishing.”
16. We use can coozies, not to keep our beer from getting warm, but to keep it from freezing. They’re like a little jacket for our beer.
19. We call beverages like coca-cola, mountain dew and sprite, pop. Can I get you a cold pop?!
22. “Whatever” means we’re disappointed. We say “You bet” because we don’t have a strong opinion. “That’s different” means you have an opinion but don’t want to discuss it.
26. It takes us a really long time to say goodbye. We just don’t want you to feel like you have to leave and we want you to know that we really like you and enjoy hanging out with you…
Click here to see the full list and pictures.