For some famous people, like Jennifer Lawrence and the boys from Florida Georgia Line, 2013 was a great year. For others, not so much. Here's Forbes list of-
Here are the top 10:
1. Paula Deen- Who is she? Deen is a celebrity chef, cooking show television host, restaurant owner and cookbook writer.
2. Rob Ford- Who is he? Ford is the Mayor of Toronto.
3. Lara Logan- Who is she? Logan is a TV and radio journalist; currently the chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News and a correspondent for "60 Minutes."
4. Aaron Hernandez- Who is he? Hernandez is an American football player who is currently a free agent; he previously played for the New England Patriots and the University of Florida.
5. Ron Johnson- Who is he? Johnson was most recently the CEO of J. C. Penney; he previously served as Senior Vice President of Retail Operations at Apple.
6. Howard Kurtz- Who is he? Journalist, author and media critic; host of Fox News Channel's Media Buzz program; former media writer for The Washington Post and the former Washington bureau chief for The Daily Beast.
7. Eike Batista- Who is he? Batista is a Brazilian business magnate.
8. Bob Filner- Who is he? Filner is the former San Diego mayor.
9. Alec Baldwin- Who is he? Baldwin is a stage, television and film actor.
10. Anthony Weiner- Who is he? Weiner is a politician; former U.S. representative who served New York's 9th congressional district for more than 12 years.
Click here to find out how each person above made the list and read Forbes' full article.
Jeff Hayden of Inc.com had this to say about his list of '10 Things Extraordinary People Say Every Day':
"Want to make a huge difference in someone's life? Here are things you should say every day to your employees, colleagues, family members, friends, and everyone you care about"...
"Here's what I'm thinking."
"I was wrong."
"That was awesome."
"Can you help me?"
"Can you show me?"
"Let me give you a hand."
"I love you."
Click here to read the full article and full explanation for each.
Yes, Gisele has a team of people who help her prepare for her photo shoots but she's still got her Mom hat on as she gets ready.
She posted this picture on Instagram yesterday...
Because laughter is the best medicine...
Photo courtesy of YouTube
I'm on the air during lunch so I usually wait until I get home to stuff my face- and that's exactly what I do.
Eating well is not always the first thing on my mind as I unlock the front door- if you find yourself in the same situation- or simply want an afternoon snack around 3pm every day- this article may help you to eat food that will not only help you feel full and be nutritious but aid in you in avoiding foods that will compromise your dietary goals for the day ...
The 8 Worst Snacks for an Afternoon Slump
1. SKIP: Pretzels
2. SKIP: Baked potato chips
3. SKIP: Sports and energy drinks
4. SKIP: An apple
5. SKIP: Frozen yogurt
6. SKIP: Pita Chips
7. SKIP: Smoothie
8. SKIP: Candy bar
It's not that all these foods are bad but the article suggests better alternatives for each. Click here to read the full article.
With this frigid weather, even my big, 62 pound German Wirehair can barely make it through a 10 minute session of chasing his beloved tennis ball.
It got me to thinking- do all dogs need some type of warm sweater or coat in this weather?
The answer, according to vetstreet.com, is "no."
They say there are only 3 types of dogs who need a coat or sweater in these cold temps- they are:
This was written by Mina Khan of thoughtcatalog.com- it's very thoughtful and full of good advice...
1. Finding things you love doing is a very special process.
2. Waking up early is the best thing ever.
3. Mostly likely the things you plan on don’t actually happen.
4. It’s okay to sleep at 8 am and wake up at 6 pm.
5. People don’t owe you anything.
6. Kindness is probably the only thing that can actually bring change.
7. You can never have enough books, shoes, scented candles, or earrings.
8. Before deciding on wearing a long skirt, check the weather.
9. Unless it’s self-degrading/unhealthy for you, you should welcome all the phases in your life.
10. If you are tired of having the same kind of friends, you should join weird clubs.
11. This does not apply to those studying Art.
12. I have noticed that the person you are criticizing is almost always aware of his/her own demons.
13. You should never turn yourself into a victim. 14. The strongest people I have met are the ones who are both kind and ruthless.
15. There’s a difference between holding someone responsible for their ignorance, and constantly bringing up the ignorant things they said years ago. The latter is you being an ass.
16. There’s also a difference between not having on opinion on something because you have done extensive research on all the possible arguments and have thought about it a lot and are still unsure, and not having an opinion because you are too lazy to think about anything substantial. The latter is ignorance.
17. While it is important to not stay stuck in the past, you should always remember why you started and where you’re coming from.
18. As I progress in college, I have encountered two kinds of people. People who are ambitious like no one’s business and people who are okay with mediocrity. The latter are in abundance. The latter are also the ones I want to avoid and avoid being one of them.
19. Hard work pays off. Always.
20. And finally, “No matter how you feel… Get up. Dress up. Show up. And never give up.”
To read the full explanations behind each point (totally worth it) click here to read the article.
Even though it's VERY easy to get upset when someone else does something wrong on the road, let's face it, nobody's perfect.
Being that we're driving on snow-filled, icy roads these days, I thought MSN.com's '7 Deadly Sins of Winter Driving' seemed appropriate to post...
1. They don't clear the windshield completely.
2. They don't brush snow off headlights and taillights.
3. They don't wait for the defogger to work.
4. They drive on the wrong tires.
5. They have all-wheel-drive overconfidence.
6. They punch the gas pedal.
7. They tailgate snowplows
Click here to read more detail about each 'deadly sin' of winter driving.
Have you ever felt like a cat is nothing more than a bully who always lands on its feet and has exceptional balance? I'll bet that's what these dogs think too...