In Trisha Yearwood's new Southern cookbook "Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood" she dishes out her favorite chili and sour cream cornbread recipe. Trisha's Fancy Chili is packed with healthy ingredients like carrots, tomatoes, red bell peppers, beans, and green onions. Mix it altogether with ground beef and seasonings, serve it over Trisha's favorite sour cream cornbread (her husband Garth Brooks prefers rice), and watch your guests lap it up!
Fancy Chili Recipe Directions:
1 tablespoon olive oil 2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons hot chili powder
1 28-ounce can fire-roasted dice tomatoes
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
4 carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt
White rice, for serving
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and green onion and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the chili powder until fully combined. Add the tomatoes, beans, bell pepper, carrot, brown sugar and salt.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
6. Cover and simmer the chili for 15 minutes.
7. Serve over white rice.
Earlier this month, Trisha gave USA Today the inside scoop on her new cooking show "Trisha's Southern Kitchen" and showed NBC's Matt Lauer how to make her Fancy Chili: