Forbes just released its annual ranking of the top-earning "American Idol" alums (covering May 2011 to May 2012), and original Idol Kelly Clarkson has reclaimed the top spot on the list, bumping last year's top "Idol" earner, Carrie Underwood, down to number two.
Interestingly, Forbes points out that Kelly's $8 million earnings are roughly equal to what Nicki Minaj is pocketing as a judge on "American Idol" this season, and are twice the amount that another new "Idol" judge, Keith Urban, is making.
Here's the full list:
1. Kelly Clarkson - $8 million
2. (tie) Carrie Underwood/Chris Daughtry - $5 million each
3. Scotty McCreery - $4 million
4. Jennifer Hudson - $3 million
5. Jordin Sparks - $2 million
6. Adam Lambert - $1.5 million
7. (tie) Katharine McPhee/Kellie Pickler - $1.1 million each
8. (tie) David Archuleta/David Cook - $1 million each