On air: Monday - Friday 5am-10am, Nights & Weekends
Facebook: Become a Fan
Twitter: Follow Me
If you want to get technical about it - just outside Seattle in Tacoma, Washington - but I spent most of my childhood days in Duluth, MN. I am now a proud resident of Maplewood, MN!
September 11th (....and cue the *sighs*)
I am one of those men who "out-kicked" his coverage when I married my wife!
If you can put it on a grill and it tastes good with BBQ sauce, I will eat it. Otherwise, I love eating at Cossetta's, Toby Keith's, Genghis Grill or any Sushi joint. However, nothing beats a meal that my wife makes from scratch!
Favorite Country Artists:
Where to begin? I would say: Eric Church, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban, Randy Houser, Jamey Johnson, Rocket Club, Luke Bryan, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, the Zac Brown Band, Toby Keith, Jana Kramer - and let's not forget about the one I talk about the most I feel...Carrie Underwood!
Best Concert I've ever seen:
Zac Brown Band when they played at Northrop Auditorium in December 2009, it was the first show my now wife and I went to together. I also never miss a show when Eric Church, Dierks Bentley or Jason Aldean are in town
If you ever come to our house you will wonder how two people could have so many movies. There is no possible way I could even narrow down 10 and our web guy would be upset if I listed every movie we own.
Favorite TV Shows:
Minnesota Wild games, Sports Center, Hockey Night in Canada, Chelsea Lately, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Man vs. Food, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Dexter, Entourage, Seinfeld, the Muppet Show and since I don't always have control of the remote at our house - I have, on occasion, enjoyed watching the hot mess that is the "Kardashians".
There is just something about it that infects your entire life in a positive way. It is so much fun to play music for fans of country music and the challenge of coming up with entertaining material both on air and online.
If I wasn't working in radio, I would be....:
Either a sports journalist working for the NHL or (dream job) being the GM of an NHL team.
My websites I check every day:
K102 (this blog page!), KFAN, Russo's Rants/Wild page Star Tribune, Minnesota Wild, ESPN, Facebook, Twitter, GAC, CMT and other musician sites for any and all information.
My 10 favorite CDs I own:
In no particular order - Keith Urban "Defying Gravity", Dierks Bentley "Home", Dierks Bentley "Up On The Ridge", Eric Church "Chief", Eric Church "Sinners Like Me", Jason Aldean "My Kinda' Party", Green Day "American Idiot", Rocket Club "North Country", Rocket Club "American Serenade" and ANYTHING from O.A.R. (if you haven't heard of them, give them a listen)
Sports I Love to Watch and Play/Do:
Hockey (you can find me on rinks from Blaine to Farmington), Golf (anywhere), Baseball, Football, Slow-Pitch Softball, Running and any and all Yard Games.
Here are some unusually random factoids about myself, I bet you didn't know:
1. I have three younger brothers - and we were all born in a different state.
2. I have swam in Lake Superior and the Gulf of Mexico; the Gulf is SIGNIFICANTLY warmer than Lake Superior, though I recommend taking a dip in either.
3. I watched Derek Jeter play high school baseball (he is from my mom's hometown) and have been a fan of his ever since (yes, I'm a casual Yankee fan for that reason).
4. I hate flying more than I hate brussel sprouts; it's a good thing that my wife and I went somewhere nice and close for our honeymoon: Maui. So glad she picked Maui, though, it was the most beautiful place I have ever been in my entire life.
5. I went to Disney World for the first time in 2011 - I elbowed my way to the front of every line and took a million pictures of EVERYTHING. Yes, I was THAT guy.
6. I have a soft spot for any and all dogs. My wife won't let me go into any PetSmart or Humane Society shelters for fear of me bringing home a litter of puppies - because if I go in, I will not, I repeat will NOT, come out empty handed. Honestly, I have to turn the TV anytime that Sarah McLachlan commercial comes on. Becky and I have one cat, he is a fat one but we love him and his name is Max!